Drug Addiction Treatment
Addiction Treatment For Drug Users
Indiana Heroin Addiction Treatment and Rehab Center
If you or a loved one is addicted to drugs, you already know the devastation it brings. Heroin and other opioids are the substances most likely to lead to unexpected death, even in the very early stages of addiction. At Hickory House, we pride ourselves on providing compassionate and effective treatment for individuals suffering from drug addiction.
What Is Heroin and Opioid Addiction?
Heroin, as well as prescription opioids, are highly addictive. Common prescription opioids include:
- Oxycodone (Oxycontin)
- Hydrocodone (Vicodin)
All opioids, including heroin, are substances that act on opioid receptors in the brain resulting in pain relief as well as an intense feeling of euphoria and well-being. Continued use of any opioid may lead to addiction, now called opioid use disorder. Criteria include:
- Taking the opioid in larger amounts and for longer than intended
- Wanting to cut down or quit but not being able to do it
- Spending a lot of time obtaining the opioid
- Craving or a strong desire to use opioids
- Repeatedly unable to carry out major obligations at work, school, or home due to opioid use
- Continued use despite persistent or recurring social or interpersonal problems caused or made worse by opioid use
- Stopping or reducing important social, occupational, or recreational activities due to opioid use
- Recurrent use of opioids in physically hazardous situations
- Consistent use of opioids despite acknowledgment of persistent or recurrent physical or psychological difficulties from using opioids
- Tolerance as defined by either a need for markedly increased amounts to achieve intoxication or desired effect or markedly diminished effect with continued use of the same amount.
How Treatment at Hickory House Can Help
Hickory House utilizes a client-centered approach that is tailored to the individual in need of treatment. We work hard to ensure that each of our clients receives a specially tailored plan most likely to achieve results. Our work begins the moment we receive your call, and continues until you’ve completed our treatment program with a new, more fulfilling and more serene life.
Contact Us Today
You or your loved one may feel dispirited, hopeless or even desperate. You don’t have to keep going through it alone. Recovery is a group process, a joint effort between the addicted individual, the recovery staff, and the family and friends of the client. Call to learn more about us here at Hickory House. We can help.